The Twelve Apostles - Third Party HDR?

Hi everyone, after having a sudden craving for an awesome desktop background, I went on a Google rampage for high quality images of The Twelve Apostles in Victoria. I found abundances of images, mainly of amatuer photographers using their 0.1 megapixel handycam cameras that fit in their coin pocket. A couple though topped the lot, one that captured a beautiful sunset but waaay underexposed the rock formation, and one of a beautiful sunrise with the sun playing on the sea cliffs. As if it was meant for me, it was metered perfectly on the rocks, but the sky was largely overexposed. Smiling, I copied the images to my hard drive and spent 25 minutes making a HDR of two third party images, added a few eye candy planets, and voila! I think the results speak for themselves:






In other news, I have finished designing my site over at Beresfield Live Weather. If you want a sneak peek of the design, take a look here: http://www.jsweather.id.au/sneakpeek.jpg (note that the design on the sneak peek may not accurately represent the final look).

Thats all for now, hope you have a great day!

4 comments:

Emily said...

hey Jake!
i love this, my favourite one yet!!!
and i really like the sneak peek of the weather site!
love em

Fiona said...

This is a great image Jacob! Can't wait for our holiday and hopefully you can take some great shots of them yourself!
Mum
xx

Jacob said...

Yep, then I can make 1st party HDR's! * sighs as he thinks about the hours he will spend at the beach taking millions of photo's *

Anonymous said...

Hi Jake , great picture the colours a lovely, we sure do have an Awesome God.
Love Nan

Post a Comment

Please keep comments, clean and non-derogatory. Thanks