The Apocalyptic Earth

Hi everyone,

As said in my previous post, I have created an apocalyptic picture using a photo I took of a water feature in our backyard and an image of the Earth (original image here: http://visibleearth.nasa.gov/view_rec.php?id=2429). The image of Earth was taken using MODIS (Moderate-resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer) satellite data. The image is the most detailed image of the Earth and it's atmosphere ever taken, so I jumped at the chance of using it.

Warping the shape of my picture to match, then using a second image from the same set to add further depth and some effects (the spurt in the background of the final image), then blending all the images together using different layer styles and blending options, came this result:



Enjoy!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Best photo manipulation yet!!!!!!
Love EM

Naomi said...

I agree! Wow!

Fiona said...

I love this photo manipulation Jacob. It was a very clever idea to come up with.
mum
xx

Post a Comment

Please keep comments, clean and non-derogatory. Thanks